Although Malachi is a short book it is tough to outline. It is perhaps best to view it as two stages of crime and punishment. The first two chapters lay out Israel’s crimes and the punishment is brought out. Then chapter three details a greater crime and chapter four closes with greater punishment in the coming Day of the Lord.
- God’s love of Israel (Malachi 1:2-5)
- Israel’s Unfaithfulness (Malachi 1:6-2:16)
- Where is the God of Justice? (Malachi 2:17)
- The Day of Judgment (Malachi 3:1-3:5)
- Robbing God (Malachi 3:6-12)
- The Day of the Lord (Malachi 4)